Sunday, March 11, 2012

I like lazy Sundays

A day to sleep in late, stay in my jammies all day (Ok, like I've actually gotten out of my jammies at all in the last week...) and hang out with the fam.
The rain and clouds made it easy to be lazy and crafty!!  Yes, I've been crafty.  Cutting felt circles, and ribbon and making flowers, and gluing and pinning all kinds of stuff.  Being crafty keeps my mind busy and my hands busy.  And it keeps me from wanting to do stuff I shouldn't like cleaning and driving. 

Again-I have to say thanks for all the wonderful meals and snacks and gifts!  Some of my favorite gifts are those that are hand-made, cause I know how special hand-made gifts are-they are gifts straight from the heart, and close to mine.  I have given hand-made gifts to people who I know don't appreciate the time and energy and LOVE that go into them-and I want those of you to know who made mine how much I love and appreicate them!!  One is a wreath from a Bunco friend Jenny-and I love it!!

I love the blingy flower centers and of course the pink ribbon!!!  Thanks Jenny!!

Anothe fave is the pink ribbon blanket my friend Tiffany's girls made for me!  It is the perfect length and nice and warm!
Thanks Ashlee and Jordan!  I love it! 


And being in the crafy mood, I made a ribbon wreath for myself.  When Andrea planned my GNO BBB night, she asked all attending to bring a roll of pink ribbon-any color pink, any print, any style. 
I took all of the ribbon I received, and some stickers from another gift and made it!  I love it, and it is made of ribbon from all who are loving and supporting me through this journey.  I have so much ribbon left over, that I am making two more of these.  One I plan to get to a KCPD Officer's wife who was diagnosed in November with breast cancer, and he contacted Brian and I both when he heard about me and let us know they were keeping us in their thoughts and prayers, and I have corresponded with her a few times over FB.   Another is the wife of a college fraternity brother of my husbands.  She was recently diagnosed and had surgery the same week as I.  I have only met them a couple of times, but ironically we know alot of the same people, and my sister even works with a very good friend of theirs.  This wreath is bright and happy and makes me smile whenever I look at it knowing it came from people who love me, and I know those same people would be happy to share their support with these two women also! 





















The older kids are on Spring Break this week, so we will have lots of extra help around the house, and two people to get the bald kid on the bus all week!  And from what the weather people are saying-it looks like temps in the 70's and possibly the 80's by the end of the week, so I'm thinking I might keep E out of school one day and all of us take a trip to the zoo!  I haven't seen the Polar Bear exhibit yet, so that would be nice!  Everyone is concerned about me walking that much-but heck-they have those scooters out there for rent, I'll just get me one of those and stuff Ethan in the basket!! 

In the meantime, Ethan has a follow up appt with the Pediatrician on Monday afternoon-which is going to be quite the family affair-since I have to go to his appts, Brian will go, and we need my Dad to drive us and get Ethan in and out of the car seat and car! 
I am supposed to see Dr Failing on Wednesday.  He was on vacation last week,  so I am calling first thing in the morning to let him know I don't have my staples pulled yet, as he may want to do that before then. 
Brian has PT three days this week, and is planning to go back to work on limited duty on Thursday.  He has some sick time-but lots of donated sick time, however he can't use the donated hours until he has exhausted all of his vacation hours, and since I got sick in February, he hasn't used but one or two vacation days!  We hate for him to use all his vacation time, because he may need time off for me later in the year, so he will go back and start accruing some more sick time.  I'm sure I will have plenty of care-sitters if I just say the word!  It's not like I really need anyone to do anything for me, except reach up for things and help me up, and bend over for things, but it sure is nice to just have the company!  So please-feel free to come by-even just to say hi and chat! 

We heard from Ethan's Make-A-Wish Wish Granter, Stephanie, the other day.  Unfortunately-or fortunately, however you look at it right now-the dates we picked for his trip in April are all full at Give Kids the World.  We gave them some more dates in May, and we will see how those work out, and if not-we will try to push it til October.  I know you are asking how I could possibly consider going to Disney while going through what I am right now-but have you met me?  I will be fine-and if bald, then I won't have to worry about fixing my hair everyday in that humid Florida weather, thus taking about 30 minutes off my morning prep time.  Brian will be thrilled-we might actually start getting places on time!!  Besides, I'm not a huge fan of the crazy roller coasters-so I don't have to worry about getting any more nauseated than I already will be.  I have been assured there are plenty of drugs out there to counteract those side effects anyway!  Also-I can get one of those scooters there too!  Woo-hoo!  I'm gonna be a scooter pro before all this is over!!

For those of you who have brought us meals, I keep forgetting to get your mailing address so I can send out proper Thank You's.  Please email me your address, cause I will be working on those this week!  Send it to my personal email at karawley03@yahoo.com
And for those of you who have asked for our mailing address:
1418 NE 93rd St KCMO 64155
oh, and please send me your recipes!!

My bestie, Andrea, extended the Meal Train for another week, taking us into April, but I have had lots of emails from friends who would like to bring us a meal, but almost all the spots are taken.  So, we are going to open some more days up in April, but not until we know if I will have any food restrictions while on chemo.  I already know there are some herbs and spices I will have to avoid, and once we know more we will post those and more days. 
this is the meal train link if anyone is interested:
I can't tell you all how much help the meals have been.  The only pain med I can take is pretty heavy duty, so once I take it all I do is sleep.  Aside from that, not being able to lift my arms up, or even get a gallon of milk out of the fridge, it makes it kind of hard to even think about cooking.  I tried to get something out of the deep freeze the other day, and once I got leaned over that far, it was really hard and painful to get back OUT of the freezer.  Not a pretty sight.  So again,  the meals, and those of you taking the time to make them, or bring us lunches for the week(Nicole-you and Kenny really did way too much-thank you x a million!) area godsend!  Much love and thanks to you all!!!

K

oh, another funny story for your week-I drove Parker to school last Friday-and NO I am not supposed to be driving yet, but he had his sax, and a pie and backpack and posterboard for a project, so I felt bad about him having to carry all that stuff on the bus.  So,  I put on my slippers, tucked my drains in my make-shift drain belt, threw a jacket on and headed out to the garage.  My sister had driven the Suburban last, and not quite used to driving something that big and pulling it in the garage, she pulled it way tooo close to the pole in our garage and I couldn't get the damn door open to get in!  Fear of ripping out a drain kept me from trying to squeeze in the small opening I was left, so I climbed in the back seat, climbed over the console and into the front seat and viola!  All was well, and off I drove.  Well, I've since been punished with threats of finding my vehicle on jacks in the garage, I have learned my lesson and pinky swear I will not drive again until I am released to do so.  In the meantime, with nice weather and to prevent me from going stir crazy, bat shit mad, I may need a friend or two with a car to bust me outta here every now and then! 



1 comment:

  1. Ok, I absolutely LOVE the ribbon wreath you made! I would love to know how you did it! Also, all the cute things others made for you... this post made me cry :) And I say go for that day at the zoo! And if you get tired, or sore, then you can always cut it short, but you'll never know until you try!

    Thanks for the address!

    ReplyDelete